Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow Day!

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

It's true!  There's a blizzard out there.  Snow is falling and blowing all over the place.  So what do I do on a day like this?  I could sit on the couch all day and read while watching cheesy talk shows.  And I'll be honest, I plan on doing that too.  Afterall, if you follow my other blog you know that I read a lot and I have an obligation to my authors.  So I actually go have to read today, but I can still get a workout in.

How will I work out if I can't go outside?  Easy!  First, in my squats challenge, today I have to do 135 135 squats today.  But in addition to that, I can also use my ball and do so many other exercises.


Pinterest is my friend.  But what if you don't have a stability ball?  What else can you do when you're stuck inside all day?



Simply search on Pinterest for At Home Workouts and you can find so many options.  Being stuck inside is not an excuse.  And on that note, please excuse me as I get off this couch and start moving.  Wait, you want to know what I'm going to do exactly?  Well, one of the things I do is to jog in place.  In my head, I count to 100.  Right now, I try to do 6 sets of 100 per day.  But you could also do the jogging in place during commercials.  It's pretty easy and you set your own pace.  And it's easier on your knees than running outdoors.  So start now and maybe by the time spring arrives you'll be ready to run a few laps on the outdoor track.  

Start small, dream big!

No comments:

Post a Comment