Friday, January 23, 2015

Know When to Stop!

Back on January 1, I started my 30 Day Challenge.  If you remember, it was actually two parts - squats and pushups.  I've been doing well, or so I thought.

Today would have been Day 23.  Yesterday, it was 115 squats and 48 pushups.  I won't lie - doing each right straight through was just not possible, so I'd been breaking it down.  I broke the squats up in 2 sessions and the pushups were in 3 sessions.  So last night, there were 3 sets of 16 pushups each.  I won't say it was easy,but I did it.

Woke up this morning and off to work I went.  No problem.  Heading over to Kohl's after work to do a little shopping.  And then it started - a searing pain in my left shoulder.  It came on strong and fast.  Right in the joint.  Not the muscle.

Now I won't claim to be a doctor or any kind of expert, but I'm certain that trying to do the 51 pushups on the schedule for tonight would only make things worse.  I'll give it the weekend and see how I feel, but as of now, the pushups portion of my Challenge is officially over.  If the pain continues or gets worse, I will be calling my doctor first thing Monday.

I'm not usually one to quit, but I have to listen to my body and my shoulder is just screaming right now.

But....this isn't really me quitting, but I need to heal and find something else to do to stay active.




No comments:

Post a Comment