Thursday, January 8, 2015

One Week Later

It's working!  The first week of the new year is in the books and I'm sticking to it.  And today was also my first weigh-in of the new year and I was down 2.8 lbs.


That's the dancing bear.  He's excited for me.

I feel good, but this doesn't mean I get to slack.  It means I keep going!

My squats and pushups challenge is going well.  Better than I expected really.  I never thought I could go 10 pushups in one try.  Granted, I do the modified (girly) version, but still, I'm doing them.  Last night, it was 18 and I did every last one of them without stopping.  Plus, the squats challenge was 55 for yesterday.  Today it's 21 pushups and 60 squats.  Think I can do it?

I know a lot of people want to see huge weight loss right away and they try to make huge changes all at one time and that really does lead to short term success, but long term goal.  There may be a few exceptions, but it's highly unlikely that you'll succeed for the long term.  And that's really what this should be about...making the changes so that you can spend the rest of your life living healthy.  It's not about needing to fit into that dress for the wedding or reunion.  It's not about just looking good in that bathing suit this summer.  It's about making changes for a lifetime.  I don't know about you, but I don't want to keep starting over.  I want to make the changes and fall into living my life healthier so that it's not a struggle anymore, but that it's just my way of life.

Hope you're all sticking with your plans, whatever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment