Saturday, April 25, 2015

Choices!

One of the reasons I chose to join Weight Watchers instead of some other program is because it is all about every day eating.  I am going to be eating for the rest of my life.  I'm going to attend weddings, dinners, parties, bbqs, etc., all kinds of events where food is going to be served and I'm going to have to choose what to eat at these events.  And sometimes, the options are going to be really limited.  But I believe that Weight Watchers will teacher how to make it work.

And sometimes, I am going to have cravings and want to eat certain things.

Friday is usually my "treat day."  We have bagels, pastries and fruit delivered to the officer for breakfast.  I am going to eat a bagel.  I don't think I'll ever not want one.  Friday is also the one day of the work week where I go out for lunch.  And then if the hubby isn't working, we go out for dinner.  It is Date Night after all.

Yesterday, I went to one of my favorite places for lunch - Flour Bakery in Boston.  I love their roast beef sandwich and I can not leave without one of their chocolate cupcakes.  Now normally, I would eat the sandwich and then immediately go in for the cupcake.  But not this time!

As soon as I got back to my office, I put the cupcake in my bag to take it home.  Then I ate my sandwich.  Now, I will admit that I was craving something sweet after lunch, but instead of pulling out the cupcake, I had a couple of Hershey's Kisses.

After work, hubby and I went out for sushi.  Then when we got home, I took the cupcake out and cut it in half.  But I didn't cut it very straight so the two halves weren't even.  Guess who ate the bigger half?  Yep, I gave it to hubby.

So I was able to enjoy something I love, but I did it the smart way.  Yes, I ate it, but I didn't eat the whole thing.  I made the choice early on that I was going to share it.  And for that, I'm pretty proud of myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment